Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Keeping Warm!

When it gets cold outside
one way I warm everyone up is with some homemade soup!

Today it was

Pasta e Fagioli

It is so easy and so delicious I thought I'd share the recipe with you all.
For a simple quick dinner make the soup, served with a crusty bread(I baked a beer bread pictured above) and a nice green salad.

Enjoy!


Pasta e Fagioli

Ingredients;
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 c chopped onion
6 cloves minced garlic
2 cans (14 oz each) diced tomatoes
4 c chicken broth
2 tsp. dried basil
1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans undrained (Progresso)
6 oz. Uncooked tubettini #42 pasta (Ronzoni)
Directions;
Heat oil, in 4-quart pot, over medium heat until hot. Saute onion & garlic add tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, beans with liquid, basil. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring. Reduce heat to low, add pasta, cover, simmer 10 min until pasta is just tender. Tastes even better the second day!!

4 comments:

helenmary said...

yumo!!hehehe

Anonymous said...

Looks dee lish!

I think I may have to give it a try one day...

Thanks JAD

gpe said...

We may drop to 55 degrees tonite...sounds like soup weather to me!!!!

joyce said...

you should try it, it's a healthful meal. Sarah even likes it,

any you have a real tasty "Chile" recipe you'd like to share, just a thought.

what happened to the wine class. now that we are freezing here in the northeast a glass of wine by the fire watching the snow come down is like being back in Dillon, CO (if only I learned to ski)